Permanent tattoos are special. They are an art form, a symbolic design, or a personalized text or graphic permanently displayed on your body. Such tattoos are a spectacle of beauty, but not when you have a job interview or your own (or a family member’s) wedding to attend. Those moments require you to cover up your tattoos, especially ones on or around your face, hands, and neck. Luckily, when you can’t cover up a tattoo with clothing, you can resort to one of the top tattoo cover up makeup products available.
We recognize that appropriate makeup is required to hide tattoos effectively, safely, and indistinguishably. Hence, we have reviewed 10 of the best tattoo cover-up products in the marketplace to help you do the needful, whether there’s rain, or shine, in your part of the world.
At A Glance: Our Top Picks for Tattoo Cover Up Makeup
- Dermablend Cover Creme – Our Top Pick
- Dermablend Leg and Body Makeup
- Glossiva Tattoo Concealer
- Judith August – Killer Cover Concealer
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup
- Cherioll Tattoo Concealer Cream
- SegMiniSmart Tattoo Concealer Set
- Aobbiy Waterproof Tattoo Concealer Cover Cream Set
- SegMiniSmart Waterproof Tattoo Concealer (30g+30 g)
- TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer
Best Tattoo Cover Up Makeup 2022 – Reviews
|Dermablend Cover Creme||• Fragrance-free and non-comedogenic|
• Available In 21 Skin Shades
|Dermablend Leg and Body Makeup||• Exclusive Leg & Body Makeup|
• Built-in Hydration + SPF 25
|Glossiva Tattoo Concealer||• UV protection|
• Waterproof & Sweat-Resistant
|Judith August – Killer Cover Concealer||• 5-Color Wheel|
• Great For Tattoo Cover Up & Contour Highlighting
|Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup||• Dermatologist Tested|
• SPF 25
|Cherioll Tattoo Concealer Cream||• 98% Natural Coverage|
• Smooth, Radiant, Long-Lasting Results
|SegMiniSmart Tattoo Concealer Set||• Total Coverage Formula|
• 90% + Similarity Lasts Up To 3 Days
|Aobbiy Waterproof Tattoo Concealer Cover Cream Set||• Breathable Light-texture|
• Two-Color Waterproof Concealer
|SegMiniSmart Waterproof Tattoo Concealer||• Natural, Breathable Layering|
• Alcohol-free & Chemical-free Ingredients
|TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer||• Two-Color Waterproof Concealer|
• Immediate Natural Looking Effect
1. Dermablend Cover Creme
Dermablend is a brand created by dermatologists. They make makeup for all, with the highest safety standards. The Dermablend cover creme is a 1-ounce cream foundation that gives you full coverage with SPF 30. Living up to the safety standards of the brand, this ‘creme’ is allergy-tested, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic. Furthermore, the product is fragrance-free and tested on sensitive skin types.
This blendable cream foundation is available in 21 skin shades falling within the categories fair, light, medium, tan, and deep. No matter what your skin type, this product gives you a flawless, velvety finish, as it fully covers the tattoo area or works as a makeup foundation. It is effortless to apply, and you get all-day hydration without having to worry about a cakey or masky outcome.
This multiple-use cream foundation takes care of skin issues like scars, burns, birthmarks, vitiligo, acne, and uneven skin tones. It works incredibly in covering the aforementioned, and further, tattoos or post-procedure medical concerns for up to 16 hours. Simply follow the instructions enclosed with the package, and you’re good to go.
Dermablend Cover Creme is the number 1 best-selling creme foundation in the United States and is among the best tattoo cover up makeup available. The product is made with high-performance pigments formulated to successfully repair the skin barrier.
Final Verdict: Editors Choice
- Dermatologist-tested to be safe for all skin types (including sensitive skin), tones, and conditions.
- Works as sunscreen for protection against harmful UV rays.
- Available in 21 skin shades
- Coverage lasts up to 16 hours.
- It’s the best foundation and the best tattoo cover up makeup.
- Fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.
- All-day hydration for your skin.
- The color selection can be a bit tricky.
- You’ll have to blend it a heck of a lot before applying, else, it may appear cakey.
2. Dermablend Leg and Body Makeup
Dermablend’s Leg and Body Makeup is a buildable liquid foundation packaged in a 3.4 Fl. Oz. tube. It’s an incredibly versatile product that isn’t only good for covering up tattoos. It does an equally flawless job at covering up veins (spider or varicose), scars, blemishes, bruises, stretch marks, and other visible skin issues. You’ll end up with perfect looking legs with a smooth and evenly toned finish.
It’s undoubtedly the best tattoo cover up makeup today because of its multiple benefits. Besides hiding tattoos, it works as a body concealer, a body blemish balm cream with SPF 25, and its body tanning and bronzing effect (fragrance-free) makes it a substitute for sun tanning.
You have a choice of 12 fade-proof shades to pick from. To cover up a large tattoo, for instance, squeeze out a generous amount of the liquid foundation and apply a thin layer over the tattoo in blending motion. Next, apply Dermablend Loose Setting Powder on it and give it about 3-5 minutes before dusting off the extra bits of powder. Then keep adding an additional thin layer followed by Loose Setting Powder until your tattoo is completely covered.
This powerful dermatologist invented makeup is completely safe to use. It’s tested for sensitive skin and is non-comedogenic and fragrance-free. Moreover, it consists of high-performance pigments and leaves you no chance of getting allergies.
It’s the best tattoo cover up makeup when supplemented with the Dermablend Loose Setting Powder. You’ll get up to 16 hours of worry-free smudge and transfer-resistant tattoo coverage.
- Natural tattoo coverage with smudge-resistance & transfer-resistance.
- Built-in hydration + SPF 25.
- Coverage lasts up to 16 hours.
- Available in 12 true-to-tone shades.
- Tested safe for all skin types (including sensitive skin), non-comedogenic and fragrance-free.
- Comes off when you shower.
- If you don’t apply the Loose Setting Powder, you can get stains on your car seats, clothes, etc.
3. Glossiva Tattoo Concealer
The Glossiva Tattoo Concealer is one of the best foundations for tattoo cover up because it ensures the shade of the foundation matches your skin color. It’s waterproof and sweat-resistant, allowing you to attend weddings, dinners, interviews, and even a pool party without feeling a tad uncomfortable.
This product is also incredible at hiding scars, vitiligo, dark spots, and other skin imperfections. It’s easy to apply and gives your immediate cover-up results.
To use the concealer, all one has to do is mix the appropriate amount of light and dark color paste to match your exact skin tone. Next, simply apply the mixture over the tattoo or skin imperfection area of your body. This advanced skin concealer is easy to apply yet made with enough complexity to give you skin-friendly, alcohol-free, and UV-resistant tattoo coverage.
- Waterproof & sweat-resistant.
- Easy-to-use & fast coverage.
- Long-lasting & anti-friction.
- Contains no alcohol or harmful chemicals.
- Ability to match your exact skin color.
- UV protection
- Useful for concealing both face and body.
- Some users reported it takes some effort to remove it even with the makeup cleaner.
4. Judith August – Killer Cover Concealer
Looking to hide tattoos, scars, veins, vitiligo, and more? Judith August’s ‘Killer Cover Concealer’ is named this way for powerful reasons. Foremost, it’s the sweat-proof, long-lasting answer to your tattoo cover-up needs. Once you apply it, it leaves you looking tattoo-free even after you’ve taught a fitness class on a hot, humid day. The coverage lasts all day, especially if you use the Judith August ‘Make It Stay Setting Powder’ alongside. Hence, you don’t have to worry about it wearing out prematurely.
It comes in a 5 color wheel, which allows you to customize the coverage according to your skin shade. This is great for blending up a matching shade for each application. Considering different body areas may be different shades. Besides covering up the darkest tattoos and the aforementioned list of skin issues, it also works as an awesome contour highlighter.
Killer Cover is not only waterproof but also a versatile product that cosmetic surgeons often use for post-surgery healing and cover-up. This American made product is the brainchild of a former fashion model — Judith August, who is a passionate concealer developer also active as a Beverly Hills area cosmetic consultant.
- Waterproof & long-lasting.
- The 5-color wheel lets you customize according to your skin shade.
- Great for tattoo cover up and contour highlighting.
- Made in the U.S.A. by Judith August.
- Versatile in usage.
- Some users found it too thick and dry.
5. Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup
Of no surprise, another Dermablend product has made our best tattoo cover up makeup reviews list. ‘Quick-Fix Body Makeup’ is a foundation stick by the dermatologist created, powerful makeup brand ‘ Dermablen’. This water-resistant body concealer covers up imperfections & tattoos for up to 16 consecutive hours.
The creamy, fragrance-free texture gets applied to the skin smoothly to cover up spots or larger tattoo areas you need to hide. Besides tattoos, the concealer works magically to cover other body imperfections such as scars, bruises, burns, vitiligo, birthmarks, and more.
The Quick-Fix Body Makeup cream stick is available in 10 different shades. As with all other skin related products from this brand, this stick is dermatologist tested. Further, it is allergy tested, non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic, and works well on sensitive skin. Such quality branded products all have one thing in common — you get a natural, non-cakey finish on your skin.
When it comes to covering up tattoos — no matter how dark they are — this stick is as easy to apply as they get. To cover a tattoo, simply apply a thin layer of the cream and blend it over your tattoo. Then, to ensure protection and durability, apply quite a bit of loose Setting Powder. Give it 3-5 minutes and dust off the excess powder. Depending on the tattoo, apply an additional layer of cream followed by a dusting of Setting Powder and repeat this process until the tattoo area is completely concealed.
- 16 hours of water, transfer, and smudge-resistance if set with Dermablend Setting Powder.
- High-performance pigments, cruelty-free.
- SPF 25
- Creamy & fragrance-free texture.
- Allergy tested, non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic, sensitive skin tested.
- The compact foundation stick is 3.3 inches in height and 0.04 ounces volume.
- It may come off if rubbed against cloth or something.
- Multiple layers may need to be applied.
6. Cherioll Tattoo Concealer Cream
This incredible cream for concealing your tattoos is so thin you won’t have to worry about your skin not breathing naturally. The tattoo concealer cream by ‘Cherioll’ is great at completely hiding your tattoos, scars, discolored spots, vitiligo, birthmarks, bruising, and more, to keep your confidence level at a peak all the time.
One of the biggest advantages of using this product is that it’s fantastic at correcting skin color variations on your body. You may use this cream to darken or lighten skin tones to achieve uniformity and balance. Even while covering the darkest tattoos, the concealer maintains an ideal balance by blending in well with your natural skin shade.
The Cherioll Tattoo Concealer Cream is completely safe to use. It’s an alcohol-free, chemical-free, and waterproof concealer that won’t harm the skin. Whether you’re using it on a hot and sweaty summer day or during a downpour, the thin, breathable layer won’t rub off easily.
In the package, you get a white concealer cream, a brown concealer cream, a color palette, and a color mixing brush. Mix the colors according to your skin tone and achieve coverage that is up to 98% natural. Once the procedure is done, it’s extremely hard to detect if your skin is layered with the concealer. The results ensure the effect on your skin is smooth and comfortable, giving you a radiant, long-lasting complexion.
- Natural essence.
- The skin breathes freely due to the fine, light texture.
- Waterproof, Sweat-proof, and safe on the skin.
- The package contains the essentials you’ll need.
- Not pricey.
- Double color concealer to match every skin shade.
- You’ll have to scrub hard to get it off.
- Some users reported it’s quite sticky.
7. SegMiniSmart Tattoo Concealer Set
This is another spectacular product. The way the SegMiniSmart Tattoo Concealer Set works to completely cover tattoos, scars, acne, bruises, and more, is beyond belief. The total coverage formula is useful for the entire face or body and creates a wonderful tonal balance on your skin.
The product’s ingredients do not consist of alcohol or poisonous chemicals. Hence, it’s a professional and safe product. This natural product has a thin consistency, allowing your skin to breathe optimally.
Once you apply a layer or multiple layers of the concealer to hide your tattoo or scar area, you’ll achieve more than 90% similarity to your actual skin. This is why it’s almost impossible to detect you’re wearing the cover-up makeup — a major boost to self-confidence. Furthermore, this waterproof and sweat-proof concealer is made with advanced biotechnology and natural essence material that stays put on your skin for up to 3 days.
- Quick, complete, & breathable coverage.
- More than 90% similarity to your actual skin shade.
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, anti-friction & durable.
- Natural essence material combined with advanced biotechnology.
- Two-color combination for efficient matching.
- Won’t rub off on clothes.
- A tiny oil bottle is included to help remove the concealer from the skin.
- Difficult to remove it from your skin without the included cleanser.
8. Aobbiy Waterproof Tattoo Concealer Cover Cream Set
Going to a wedding, first date, job interview, a family dinner, or other important events? The prominent face, neck, or other body part tattoo seeming embarrassing to take along? Since you can’t remove what’s permanent on your skin, you do have the option to completely cover it up with an excellent concealer. If you want flawless, long-lasting results, the waterproof ‘Tattoo Concealer Cover Cream Set’ by Aobbiy is the way to go.
All you have to do is take the dark and light pastes in quantities necessary and mix them to match your skin shade. Apply the mix on your tattoo, birthmark, or other unwanted skin marks to get an immediate effect. In case, the applied layer starts seeming dry, you may use loose powder to keep the look natural. That’s how easy it is to apply this skin cover up makeup.
There are no alcohol or harsh chemicals used in this product. It’s one of the safest products in the marketplace for both men and women.
- Breathable, light texture.
- Two-color combination to help you match it to every skin tone.
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, anti-friction & durable.
- Safe to use.
- Immediate effects.
- Covers tattoos, dark spots, vitiligo, scars, and much more.
- Some users reported that this product isn’t meant for dark skin tones.
- Some users have reported it’s hard to mix the two creams together.
9. SegMiniSmart Waterproof Tattoo Concealer (30g+30g)
This is the second SegMiniSmart tattoo concealer kit to make our elite list of the best tattoo cover up makeup reviews. The ‘SegMiniSmart Waterproof Tattoo Concealer Dark Color & Light Color’ kit (30g+30G), is a complete kit for complete tattoo coverage. Besides efficiently hiding tattoos on men and women, it works equally well in covering all other skin imperfections.
The total coverage formula is meant for the face or entire body and suits any skin shade or type. The cream is made with a hydrating formula, granting you a natural-looking cover-up layer that lets your skin breathe normally.
The product’s ingredients do not include alcohol or chemicals, making it a completely safe and professional cream. You get an effect more than 90% similar to your actual skin shade. You can confidently go to the wedding, interview, or other special events and chances are no one will know you ever had a tattoo.
The advanced biotechnology and natural essence material make this concealer powerful enough to stay effective on your skin for up to 3 consecutive days.
- Thin, breathable coverage.
- 90% plus similarity to your actual skin tone.
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, anti-friction & durable.
- Double color, waterproof cover up makeup.
- Besides tattoos, it also covers up acne, loss of pigmentation, and post-surgical bruises.
- Dry’s fast; it’s better to get the color mix correct, before applying.
10. TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer
Last but in no way the least is the two-color persistent ‘Tattoo Concealer’ by TOULLGO. To get the job done, the TOULLO package includes a dark nude and light nude tattoo concealer (30g each), along with a concealer brush, 5 effect syncretic, and a mixing bottle.
The 2 colors of the paste can be mixed in respective quantities that yield a suitable color to match your skin. Once that’s ready, using your fingers apply it over your tattoo, scar, birthmark, stretch mark, vitiligo, or other skin imperfection area. Next, using the brush, you must blend in the outer edges with the rest of the skin so it looks natural.
No matter what your skin type, the natural essence formula is not harmful to the skin. Each thin, textured layer of the cream is waterproof, sweat-proof, and wonderfully breathable. This product lets you camouflage all types of skin imperfections to bring your confidence to where it should be. The fast-covering formula is over 90% similar to your natural, normal skin tone and effect. The only thing to remember is to avoid getting it into your eyes, and you’re good to go.
- Looks great & very natural.
- Works incredibly fast!
- The included brush is excellent for blending in the edges.
- Does not smudge.
- Waterproof & sweat-resistant.
- The cream dries out fast; you must sufficiently moisturize the area first.
- You must not forget to finish the process with Loose Powder for longer-lasting results.
Things to Consider While Buying Tattoo Cover Up Makeup
Nothing can be more embarrassing than your concealer makeup peeling off from the tattoo area you’ve been trying to hide. That defeats the purpose of looking natural and feeling comfortable while your tattoo is covered up in makeup. Yet, that’s exactly what you’ll end up facing unless you search out the right products.
Here are the most important factors to consider when narrowing down to effective and long-lasting tattoo cover up makeup for all skin types:
Are you about to take part in a water sports competition? Is your destination wedding by the beach in hot, sweaty conditions? If your answer to either question is yes, then you specifically need a waterproof and sweat-resistant concealer to do the trick. Such makeup is tougher and more long-lasting.
Similarly, if you have extremely dark or light skin color, you will have to choose the product accordingly. Generally, double-color makeup concealers are useful as they can be mixed to suit your exact skin shade.
Finally, for a long-lasting effect, look for powerful makeup that conceals your tattoo for 16 hours or more. And, apply a recommended Loose Setting Powder for extra durability.
How Much Convenience is Important
Some concealers require you to apply additional products as finishers or strengtheners. Others are complete in themselves. Furthermore, you have products that come with several components, for instance, two shades of creams you need to mix. Others are more convenient to carry, for instance, the color wheel or foundation stick type packaging.
Some of us need more convenience due to our busy schedules, yet others don’t mind the cumbersome kits that give a more perfect tonal coverage. Hence, you may choose the product according to how much convenience you’re looking forward to.
There are products for every budget. Some people attend a lot of weddings, family functions, or have interviews lined up into the future. While others just need tattoo cover up makeup for a single occasion. Depending on the scale of your requirement, you may/may not opt for a professional product. The products we’ve reviewed above are all incredible at covering the darkest tattoos and making the effect undetectable to strangers.
Those were our reviews of the best cover up makeup to hide tattoos properly. All the products we selected are safe to apply on all skin types, including sensitive skin. Moreover, your tattoo design and appearance will be unaffected once you uncover it again. We often find ourselves invited to last-minute announced events, interviews, or sudden wedding dates. That’s when you should be ready to impress. Having the right makeup in hand at the right time can prove very helpful at those times. Our list is carefully drafted to include the best products in the industry without hurting your skin or your pockets.