A professional tattoo kit is a complete tattoo kit that includes everything you need to start your very first tattooing experience. It includes the tattoo machine(s); — coil or rotary pen-style — tattoo ink cartridges and needles; practice ink (colors and black) and practice skin; power supply; rubber bands; grips; and lots more depending on the type of tattoo machine(s) in the kit.
Running around gathering different tattooing essential supplies is a daunting task. More often than not, you’ll end up with a shortage of an essential piece of equipment or accessory. The purpose of owning a complete tattoo kit takes care of that trouble. In this article, we have reviewed 10 of the best professional tattoo kits on the market.
At A Glance: Our Top Picks for Professional Tattoo Kits
- Hildbrandt Professional Tattoo Kit – Our Top Pick
- AW Professional Complete Tattoo Kit
- Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK453
- Solong Tattoo Kit Rotary Machine Pen
- Phoenixy Tattoo Machine Kit
- Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK271
- STIGMA Complete Tattoo Kit
- Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Beginner Tattoo Kit TK459
- Wormhole Tattoo Pen Kit
- Jconly Tattoo Kit
Best Professional Tattoo Kits Reviews
|Hildbrandt Professional Tattoo Kit||• 4 Tattoo Guns for Multiple Uses|
• Multi-feature Dual Machine Power Supply
|AW Professional Complete Tattoo Kit||• Eight 10-wrap Coil Professional Tattoo Guns|
• 360-degrees Foot Switch on Power Supply
|Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK453||• 4 Professional 10-wrap Coils Tattoo Machine Guns|
• LCD Power Supply
|Solong Tattoo Kit Rotary Machine Pen||• CNC-machined With Aircraft Aluminum Alloy|
• Lightweight & Durable
|Phoenixy Tattoo Machine Kit)||• Cast Iron Tattoo Machines Having 10-wrap Coils Design|
• Speed: 20,000 - 25,000 RPM
|Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK271||• LCD Power Supply Unit|
• Free 1-oz. True Black Tattoo Ink
|STIGMA Complete Tattoo Kit)||•10W Rotary Tattoo Machine|
• High-Quality Practice Ink
|Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Beginner Tattoo Kit TK459||• LCD Power Supply Unit|
• 4 Tattoo Machine Guns (Liners & Shaders)
|Wormhole Tattoo Pen Kit||• Lightweight & Ergonomical|
• Durable, Corrosion-Resistant Pen
|Jconly Tattoo Kit||• High-Quality Japan Motor|
• LCD Power Supply
If you’ve been on the lookout for the best tattoo kit that contains all the equipment and supplies required for tattooing, then you’ve ended up in the right space.
Below are our expert insights and reviews of the top 10 best professional tattoo kits available:
1. Hildbrandt Professional Tattoo Kit
Our top pick is the ‘Professional Tattoo Kit’ by Hildbrandt. This kit is a professional training system equipped with 4 essential tattoo machines, among other things. Going through customer reviews multitudes, the consensus is that the kit exceeds every tattoo artist’s expectations, making it worth every penny paid for it. We’ve put the kit through a test, and the revelations are all in favor of this great product that arrives at your doorstep very well packaged.
This kit is not just meant for your training period; it includes everything you’ll need as your progress towards professionalism. To ensure a smooth transition, you’re granted exclusive membership to the ‘Teach Me to Tattoo’ website, enabling you to learn the art through an extensive library of video tutorials and guides. You also get access to their forum so that you can interact with others on the learning path, including professional tattoo artists.
Professional tattoo kits aren’t complete unless they include everything a beginner or a tattoo artist needs. This one is no exception. The Hildbrandt Tattoo Kit comes with a pair of coil tattoo machines as well as a pair of rotary machines. These include a Magnum Coil Liner, a Caliber Coil Shader, a Silencer Rotary Liner, and a Beretta Rotary shader. On top of that, you get a dual machine power supply and a full host of tattoo kit accessories, including an attractive carrying case.
- Includes tattoo Guns for multiple uses.
- Multi-feature dual machine power supply.
- Hildbrandt training DVD for quick & complete learning.
- The ‘Teach Me to Tattoo’ website gives you access to a rich selection of tutorials, including online forum support.
- The extensive kit includes everything a beginner needs, including practice materials, gloves, inks, and much more.
- Some users found the design tubes to be a bit old-fashioned.
Verdict: Editors Choice
2. AW Professional Complete Tattoo Kit
The AW ‘Professional Complete Tattoo Kit’ is one of the best professional tattoo kits. It contains everything a tattoo artist needs to make incredible tattoo designs at home, work, or on the go. It’s also more affordable compared to similar high-quality kits by competitors.
The 13lbs package contains eight 10-wrap coils professional tattoo guns made of stainless steel for lining and shading. The footswitch on the power supply has 360-degree access so that you can power on from any direction. There’s an attractive carrying case with locks and keys. You can easily repack and carry all the kit equipment, including the comprehensive collection of disposable tattoo supplies, in the durable carrying case.
- A professional collection that is affordable.
- It suits tattoo artists from all levels, especially beginners and starters.
- Convenient foot switch with 360-degree access.
- The durable coiled wrap machine doesn’t overheat.
- A sufficient number of disposable supplies.
- The 54 bottles of 5ml ink are only meant to be used on the included practice skin.
- Great kit for beginners & semi-professionals at best.
3. Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK453
Solong is a brand you’ll hear a lot more about through most of the rest of this article. It’s a name synonymous with great tattoo equipment. The Solong Tattoo ‘Complete Tatoo Kit TK453’ is complete; it satisfies every tattoo artist’s needs.
First, it has 4 professional 10-wrap coils tattoo machine guns, which are sufficient for precision lining and shading. The power supply comes with an LCD and practical foot pedal with a clip cord.
You will receive 54 color inks in 5ml bottles. This is practice tattoo ink that is gamma-ray sterilized for safe use. Besides this, you receive lots of essential supplies like needles, tips, grips, ink cups, and much more. As a bonus, the package includes a free 1-ounce bottle of black tattoo ink.
The components in this 6.61lbs complete kit are easy to set up. There’s an online guide you can access for helpful teaching videos as well as a collection of tattoo designs to get you on a head start.
- Huge variety of color ink.
- It’s a complete kit; value for money.
- You receive a free bottle of True Black tattoo ink.
- Durable coiled wrap machines.
- Renowned Solong brand power supply.
- Some users reported the instructions are insufficient for beginners.
- You get colorful aluminum alloy tattoo grips, but the colors are random.
4. Solong Tattoo Kit Rotary Machine Pen
It is by no surprise that multiple professional tattoo kits have topped our charts straight out of the ‘Solong Tattoo Store.’ The Solong brand’s strong focus has made it a highly reliable name in the tattoo industry since its inception.
The CNC-machined (with aircraft aluminum alloy) rotary pen included in this kit features a high-quality German Motor that works silently yet powerfully to ink the most detailed tattoos without causing user fatigue. The package includes a multifunctional power supply with great features controlled through ergonomic buttons and an LED display. These features include the option to activate the anti-fatigue mode, high voltage starting model, and sleep mode.
The kit is mainly focused on the main tattoo equipment rather than too many disposable supplies and accessories. Yet, you do get tattoo cartridge needles, inks, a pedal, a carrying case, and all the main accessories in a package weighing a total of just 3.48lbs.
- Powerful rotary tattoo machine (CNC-machined by aircraft aluminum alloy material).
- Lightweight & durable.
- Power supply with quick, accurate adjustments in voltage.
- CE certification & 1-year warranty.
- The kit could’ve had more accessories.
5. Phoenixy Tattoo Machine Kit
Phoenixy has been in the tattoo technology applications business since 2011. The company expressly states it tests all its products with the most stringent standards before rolling them out into the market. Their tattoo kits are known to make tattoo art an easy and convenient process for beginners and professionals alike.
This kit includes 2 cast iron tattoo machines (for lining and shading) having a 10-wrap coils design. The well-designed, durable machines are low noise, low vibration, and ergonomically designed, featuring a high-elastic spring to give the user untiring, long-duration work time. Moreover, the power supply has a digital LED display along with a foot pedal and a clips cord.
The accessories included in the kit are abundant to get you started for quite some time. You get tattoo needles (Phoenixy’s EO sterilized disposable tattoo needles), needle tips, color ink, grips, practice skin, gloves, and all the other accessories a tattoo artist needs.
- Not expensive, given you get a long list of items in the kit.
- The composite material of the device makes it incredibly sturdy.
- A very elastic spring makes the device work for hours without causing fatigue.
- Includes all tattoo kit essentials.
- Impeccable power supply for quick activation and precise voltage adjustments.
- The Dragonfly Rotary Guns (liner and shader) have speed: 20,000 – 25,000 RPM.
- There’s no manual to help you set the machines up.
6. Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK271
Solong Tattoo is one of the pioneers of tattoo art supplies. They know the world of tattooing inside out. Whenever they develop a product, it exhibits reliability and trust and attracts repeat clientele. Talented tattooists stick to Solong year after year, finding their tattoo kits to be quite useful. The ‘Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit TK271’ has what other kits have, plus what’s missing.
In this kit, you get a pro tattoo machine gun liner and a pro tattoo machine gun shader. Each of these two coil machines is exceptionally durable due to their 10-wrap coils. The power supply has an LCD design with a foot pedal and clip cord. In the kit, you will receive 54 color inks in 5ml bottles. This is practice tattoo ink that is gamma-ray sterilized for safe and reliable use.
The item list is extensive, so the artist won’t have to worry about going out to buy needles, tips, grips, ink cups, or any other accessories they can think of. You also receive a 1-ounce bottle of ‘True Black Tattoo Ink’ as a gift. Finally, there’s a helpful user manual to guide you through the kit’s setup — something several other kits lack.
- One of the best kits for starters.
- Value for money.
- 2 Guns with 10-wrap coils for lining and shading.
- It’s a complete kit; value for money.
- You receive a free bottle of True Black Tattoo Ink.
- Power supply with LCD.
- After practicing on the practice skin using the included ink, you need to purchase high-quality ink for actual use.
7. STIGMA Complete Tattoo Kit
The brand ‘STIGMA’ is renowned for its excellent quality, precision-based products, impeccable design, and reliable customer service. The company’s mission is to improve, innovate, and develop new tattooing products regularly.
The SIGMA kit is one of the lowest-priced kits on our list. Nevertheless, it’s a fantastic professional-level tattoo kit with everything you’ll need to get started. The ‘STIGMA Complete Tattoo Kit’ includes a stunning rotary tattoo machine that features a 10w motor with sufficient power to control big-sized needles with ease.
You don’t get a tonne of accessories with this kit; the focus is on a few high-quality items. For instance, you get 20 needles (5x3RL, 5x5RL, 5x3RS, 5x5RS), 5 ink colors of high quality, disposable silicone grips, and all the main accessories needed for sufficient practice.
Much like the case is with other kits, SIGMA too expressly states the included ink, although of high quality, is meant for practice skin only. You need to purchase further higher quality ink suitable for administering on human skin for actual human tattooing.
- Highly recommended for beginners.
- The practice ink is of superior quality.
- Well worth the money.
- Great overall operation of the machine, pretty silent too.
- A vast assortment of needles included.
- CE certification and 1-year warranty.
- Should’ve included an instruction manual for the assembly of the gun.
- Care is needed to keep the machine working under 12V to protect its mechanics.
8. Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Beginner Tattoo Kit TK459
Once again, no surprises here; Solong has churned out another high-quality masterpiece with the release of the TK459 kit! This CE-certified kit comes with a one-year warranty. It leaves you spellbound with its 4 stunningly durable Pro tattoo machine guns that suffice liner and shader work requirements.
There are a huge number of customer reviews for this kit, indicating an almost perfect rating. We put the kit to test and found our first-hand experience closely matches customers’ consensus. Our conclusion — this is the ideal tattoo kit for starters and beginners!
You get 28 bright, reliable colors of ink to get you started. Also included are 50 tattoo needles, 60 tips, 10 grips, and much more. It’s safe to say; this is one of the most well-equipped kits out there. The numerous inclusions make this kit slightly pricey though not extraordinarily steep.
Controlling the voltage is a breeze, aided by the one-of-a-kind LCD power supply unit with a foot pedal and clips cord. Overall, it’s a fantastic buy. The only thing to worry about is sticking to the prudent advice by Solong. They advise that the machine should be kept running under 12V to avoid any power supply or machine gun-related mishappenings
- Works like a champ.
- Arrives neatly organized & packaged.
- 4 Tattoo machine guns included (liners and shaders).
- Perfect kit for starters & beginners.
- Sturdy aluminum alloy carry case.
- Helpful setup manual included.
- Some users reported having received the package with leaking ink.
9. Wormhole Tattoo Pen Kit
This kit is another incredible choice for beginners, tattoo artists, or those just getting into learning the craft of tattooing. The Wormhole tattoo pen is designed to allow for optimal maneuverability as you ink fine lines and shading. The tattoo pen machine is ergonomic, lightweight, and comfortable to work with for both lining and shading work.
The pen can be conveniently switched between liner and shader mode by adjusting the voltage switch. As a result, you get precise linework and vibrant, lasting color. This kit is a starter-level rotary tattoo machine kit focussed on teaching beautiful tattoo artwork. Besides the pen, you also get tattoo inks, tattoo needle cartridges, a dual digital power supply with a foot pedal and RCA cord, and several other accessories and supplies.
- Ideal kit for starters.
- Ergonomic & lightweight tattoo pen.
- Access to professional online-guide.
- Highly durable pen with corrosion resistance.
- Not the ideal kit for serious or professional tattooists.
10. Jconly Tattoo Kit
The ‘Jconly Tattoo Kit’ is yet another special tattoo kit worth a mention. Inside the kit, you’ll get a professional rotary tattoo pen machine that features a powerful Japan Motor. The pen performance is low noise, extremely stable, and precise. It’s powered up with an LCD power supply that is 110-240V for global usage. This kit is useful to beginners and professional tattoo artists alike.
Among its many components, the kit features Jconly Cartridge Needles, which are CE certified and made of medical-grade stainless steel and plastic. The needles are compatible with most kinds of tattooing machines.
Another feature of the Jconly brand is its quality assurance guarantee. To instill confidence, the brand assures you the tattoo pen would work for 1-2 years, or at least 3,000 hours when used in a normal way. If it doesn’t work for that stipulated minimum period, the support team will fully refund your money.
- Ergonomic rotary tattoo pen machine.
- Great starter kit.
- High-quality Japan Motor.
- Power supply (with LCD) mounts magnetically to metal surfaces.
- CE certified Jconly cartridge needles.
- The ink is kind of lackluster, according to some users.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Tattoo Kit
Each person has a different expectation from their desired tattoo kit. The basis for this is their expertise level. A beginner, for instance, is at an experimentation stage, requiring a kit that is affordable yet gets the job done. On the other hand, a professional tattoo artist would benefit more from premium tools for upskilling what they’ve already mastered.
In view of the above, the following factors need to be considered when choosing the best tattoo kit for your specific needs:
The Material & Craftsmanship
Knowing what material makes up your tattoo machines and other supplies in the kit is crucial in understanding how durable they are. Tattoo machines made of sturdy steel elements or pure copper are strong and long-lasting.
In terms of accessories, make sure to pick a kit that has accessories made of high-quality plastic. To get the best value for your money, buy high-quality equipment as it will be more durable and safer.
The Quantity & Types of Tattoo Machines
Different tattoo kits come with varying types of tattoo machines (coil, rotary, pneumatic) and anywhere from one to multiple tattoo machines per kit. Since the tattoo gun is the most important piece of equipment used in the tattooing process, it’s better to have more tattoo machines than just one or a few.
You could select a kit with a powerful rotary pen machine or a couple of coil machines to act as a liner and shader. How many and which type of machines depends on your specific goals or requirements. The other thing to make sure of is that you should select a kit with tattoo machines made of durable materials.
The Quality & Components
It’s always better to opt for a kit that is more complete than incomplete. The sole purpose of a kit is to have everything needed — in one place — for becoming a tattooist from scratch. This means you shouldn’t have to end up running for additional supplies or accessories even after purchasing the kit.
Similarly, the quality of the kit is of paramount importance. You wouldn’t want to administer substandard tattoo needles or tattoo ink into your client’s skin and cause a health risk. The quality of the power supply should also be checked, so that tattoo sessions are uninterrupted and trouble-free.
Finally, you should go for a kit that comes with a strong, durable, and sturdy case to protect all your equipment from wear and tear when not in use. This helps in having everything in order, ready in one place, whenever you want to transport it alongside during your travels.
Which tattoo kit you go for depends on your specific requirements and, to some extent, your budget. The kits reviewed above meet all of the criteria expected from the best tattoo kits in the industry.
Whether you’re a learner, beginner, or tattoo artist, one of these incredible kits will bring out your best talent. Owning a complete professional tattoo kit works out more economical than shopping separately for each component.